The Center for Regional Analysis provides research and technical assistance that focuses on the economic, workforce, fiscal, demographic, housing, and social issues that shape the future growth of the Virginia, Maryland, and DC areas.
Center staff regularly:
- Undertake research and analysis of the region’s housing, transportation infrastructure, workforce capacity, and the competitiveness of key industries;
- Perform economic and fiscal impact analyses;
- Conduct economic forecasts;
- Facilitate data-driven strategic planning initiatives; and
- Disseminate research findings and information through conferences and seminars, research publications, data products, and public presentations.
These activities strengthen decision-making by businesses, governments, and institutions throughout the Greater Washington metro region and beyond.
The Center is housed within George Mason University’s Schar School of Policy and Government. The Center offices are located on GMU’s Arlington, VA campus.