The Center for Regional Analysis produces more than 60 charts and graphs summarizing trends in the national and regional economies and housing markets. Data elements include gross domestic product, jobs, unemployment, consumer confidence, oil prices, coincident and leading indices, interest rates, sales of existing and new homes, home prices, and regional economic forecasts, among other items. There is information for the overall regional economy, as well as select economic and housing data for Northern Virginia, Suburban Maryland and the District. This set of charts is updated when new data are released.
Data are updated generally on the following schedule:
- U.S. employment situation – 1st Friday of the month
- U.S. housing data – 3rd week of the month
- Regional employment data – 3rd week of the month
- Regional unemployment rates – 4th week of the month
- Regional housing data – 2nd week of the month