SYMPOSIUM ON STRENGTHENING THE PIPELINE FROM SCHOOL TO WORK:
Private Sector and School Partnerships
In response to a changing economy, many states—including Virginia—now expect their public schools to offer students real world experience before they enter the workforce. As a result, schools must now partner with their business community to create work-based learning opportunities. This symposium will bring business and school leaders together to discuss rigorous strategies for establishing and growing these partnerships.
Former Secretary of Education Arne Duncan will deliver the keynote address.
Other panelists include:
- Anne Holton, former Virginia Secretary of Education and visiting professor of education policy at GMU
- Jeffery Smith; Superintendent, Hampton City Schools and Champion of the Academies of Hampton
- Jason Price, Commander, Community Engagement Unit, Hampton Police Division
- Ralph Saunders, The Academy of Law & Public Safety at Bethel High School
- Matt Burrows, Superintendent, Appoquimimink (DE) School District
- Tom Windley, CEO, Premier Physical Therapy
- Jared Cotton, Superintendent, Henry County (VA) Public Schools
- Monica Callahan, ChamberRVA, Mission Tomorrow Job Fair, FutureRVA Initiative
- Charles Britt, NOVA SySTEMic, Northern Virginia Community College
- Dr. Steve Constantino, Acting Virginia Superintendent of Public Instruction